Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Week 7 EOC: Career Goals


I will state that I have always had career goals. Within the last 2 years I’ve been accepted into a school that specializes in the field and industry that I am most interested in. I was offered a Youtube Partnership with the Channel Frederator Network, hosted by Frederator Studios, the animation studio behind incredibly successful shows such as Adventure Time, Fairy Odd Parents, etc. During my attendance at my school, my sense of networking has brought me into an independent project with two other colleagues to make our own animated feature, one that would most definitely be portfolio worthy. On top of holding down school full-time, a part-time job, and all things outside of that.

My current goal now is what I’m actively working on now, and that is to create this animated short film with my colleagues. Not only that, but if the outcome is as expected, I wish to also expand upon those concepts. To keep creating more professional content that is not only for employers to watch in awe, but for me to have fun making them.

As an animator, my portfolio is everything and is what I will be selling to my employers. I will be allocating my focus to creating content that is complete and fine tuned to professional standards.

It is because of that reason that I bite my tongue when I say, “I’m not ready yet”. Even within the eyes of my colleagues, the pieces and videos I make are not perfect within mine. However, if and when I do I become level with this criterion, I will most definitely earn the opportunities I search for. Not only the work I do, but also the way of how my work affects me as a person who has fun doing what he loves, which is animating of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment