Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Week 5 EOC: "Whatever Works" Evaluation



In the film Whatever Works, the mother leaves her life behind as it has shattered from her marriage and her own daughter running away. She goes to find her daughter in hopes of regaining solace and her reaction to her lifestyle was not the most pleasant as she was expecting. The mother essentially crashes at her daughter’s home to rebuild her life back together, in her own way. She adapts to the New York life, though she still holds some spite for her daughters life and tries to morph it into a way that is still meets with her own standards. However, as time passes by, she discovers herself through the mere interactions she has with the friends on her son-in-law.

Not only that, but a majority of her person changes. Albeit very different than what she has experienced, it’s something that the mother had adjusted herself to. She networks more often. To enjoy herself and to find a place where she belongs. Regardless of the content and/or context of the situation. The mother attempts to throw the past away and goes to forge a future herself. She officially leaves her husband, hooks her daughter up with a more suitable man, and pursues a passion hidden within her.

Me personally, my career isn’t exactly the most important thing that I hold in my life right now. I know that it’s important and I know that it’s what will establish what is basically my livelihood. I grew up with so much trouble figuring it out what this whole life means and there is so much more than to what I’m doing right now. Do not get me wrong, animation is precious to me, and anything that I will find outside of that, I can apply it to my craft. As my own preference, I do animation for the fun of it and that’s what I enjoy about it most. The moment where I become critically dependent of the income that it gets me is where it stops being fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment