Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Week 1 EOC: My Voice

(First)
Animation is a realm of creativity where I feel I have the most control. Drawing inspired me. Video games motivated me. The thought of being able to tell my own tales is what got me going. I began my journey as an independent content creator. From there, it was my own cynicism that told me that I must have no weaknesses as for not only animation alone, but for its entity as a short film. Not only that, but in a sense I feel adventurous as far as pre-production goes. Always experimenting. Always trying out new things. A consistency in inconsistency. My origin comes from pixel-art animation. The classic video game style is an aesthetic that I absolutely love. Despite it's limitations, it can create something incredibly intricate, or something so simple that the imagination can fill all of the gaps in between. Most of the joy that comes from in my work is not simply the fact of just being able to execute something that is complete, but rather the amount of positive reception that I receive from that. You could say that this sort of thing simply feeds my ego as an artist, but it's an experience that truly warms my heart and is an undying motivator for me to continue doing what I do.

(Second)
I am a content creator involved in pixel-art animation.

(Third)
I identify myself as a content creator, rather than just an animator.

Pixels can reach to an unbelievable potential just as much as drawings can.

My true motivator comes from the genuine support from my audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment